Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Winter Wonders

Music: Fearless - Taylor Swift 

Oh nights with beauties that go on forever 

It's been one of those weeks, you know?

A struggle in the beginning and a comfortable winding down towards the end. Today, the sun has finally decided to show itself, leaving all the snow melting away.

I want to say that it's another day that I won't life get me down because life isn't suppose to do that to you. The thought of him is still haunting and sometimes I wish it would just go away but it's not that easy, is it?

I had no idea why he chose to come up and sat next to me in lecture yesterday but if there was some machine monitoring my heart rate, I'm pretty sure I would have broken it. I was trying to focus on our bizarre economics professor and the decline of the American economy but all I found myself fixating upon was his fingers out of the corner of my eye.

I took deep breaths of air to calm myself down. Anxiously shifted in my seat and every time my arm brushed against his, my skin felt like it was on fire.

It was killing me.

I would be lying if I said I didn't die a little inside after we had our conversation. It's never easy going through a breakup of any kind and I'm guessing he's struggling too, perhaps? I damn well know I am.

I left the lecture hall on the brink of tears. I half expected him to run after me and apologize but obviously that never happened. By the time I sat down in my next class, I had already swallowed the fragile tears and braced myself. I promised myself this and I wasn't going to break it already.

Because in the midst of getting out of a relationship and finding my direction once again, I've found a lot more things in life that are blessings and a lot more people that I can love.

So this weekend, I'm lifting up shots and toasting to my new found loves in life.